CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What is you crutch?

I love to run, but I don't want it to define me. I get injured lots, but I don't want it to define me. I often use children as an excuse to not workout on a busy day, but i don't want that to define me. I love to have a snack at night, but fight it almost every night....but I don't want that to define me. Tell me, of all the things that prevent you from living that dreamy healthy lifestyle you really say you want.....what it that one thing that you let hold you back? I could say that I get hurt too much and I can't run, but I keep going! I could say that since I have 3 boys in 3 different sports and running 3 different places that I do not have time for exercise. BUT I DON'T!!! What is it for you? What keeps pulling you back away from you goals? Please share with us....SO THE REST OF US CAN SEE JUST HOW UTTERLY HUMAN WE ARE TOO!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely being busy. I have actually sat down (I am a nerd) and counted up the number of hours I need each day to get everything done that I want to get done, and it was 30. And I have been in the habit of putting exercise in those 6 hours that don't exist. Now I'm gradually figuring out how to make it part of my real 24 hours. For example, the last 2 night I worked out while we watched American Idol instead of sitting on the couch watching. Yay me!

Mendy said...

thanks for contributing Karen!!! I love the idea of working out while watching idol!!!

kim said...

My crutch is fear. I am afraid of missing time with my family. I am afraid of missing that "feel-good" full and satisfied feeling. I am afraid of failing or not measuring up/doing enough. I am afraid of people seeing me. People don't notice when I am "nothing much", but when I look good, people notice, which somehow makes me responsible on some level. I like to run after dark, and I do it without my glasses (if I can't see them, they can't see me...right?) I am more afraid of people seeing me exercise, than getting mugged or maimed. I guess that means ultimately, that I am afraid of what people think of me.

I have come to realize that the only thing that REALLY matters is what God thinks. I want to please Him, therefore pleasing my family and myself. I know that He will satisfy me in ways that I can't even begin to imagine. I know that when I am healthy, my time with my family will be enriched and what people will see in me will be strength. God has given me the strength to find a crutch that is not fear. He sent me you.

So, here I am with all of you. Thank you for your support, encouragement and lack of judgement. Thank you for letting me be afraid, but making me face my fears, letting me know it is ok to fail, but helping me succeed. I have been thankful for you all helping me get rid of my crutch and learning that I can lean on others. It is true...there is strength in numbers. You guys welcomed me in and make me feel "safe". Thank you. It is appreciated more than you can imagine.