CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Recipe Sharing

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sausage-and-Vegetable-Skillet/Detail.aspx

OK, here is the recipe I started with. To make it healthier, I delete the vegetable oil and add a bag of frozen, organic tri-color bell peppers and a box of button mushrooms, quartered. We prefer zucchini, so I use three whole zucchini, instead of the squash but both might be good too. I also add some cumin, Tabasco, oregano and whatever else tastes good. You could (and we should) also use Italian turkey sausage, but we really like the chili cheese bratwurst from Parker Farms and have had them in the freezer, so I have used those. This makes enough for two adults for two dinners and another lunch. You could also throw in a bunch of cabbage. My husband eats his over brown rice, which extends it even further. Simple and fast and not so much of a splurge since the amount of bratwurst/sausage is divided up so much.

0 comments: