CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 8, 2010

My "Crutch"

Please bare with me, while being new at this, I thought I would give it a try and contribute to the blog. First, if you don't know me, I'm the "rule follower". If there aren't a set of rules for me follow, then I just do whatever. Hence, where I am today. There is no set of rules to say that we (all of society) needs to be healthy and/or fit. I have never had to worry about my health or being fit at any time in my life before child number two. Since I never worried about it, no need for rules! Little did I know, my body needed a set of rules to follow and I have to be the one to set them. So one of my "crutches" is no rules, no outline, no way of life. I struggle with how people see me, not necessary physically, but as a person. If I have laid down the law how I should be in my life and other people come along and say they have done more and done better, it brings me way down. Not that I'm not happy for them by any means! But because I feel, I haven't pushed myself hard enough. Did I do the workout right? Did I follow the "plan" right? What did I do wrong?? How can I plan better?
For the first time in my life I have found what I needed. Healthy/fit friends that help me through those times. I have to say a huge thank you to the group, for without their words of encouragement, I would be (as my new good friend said) curled up crying in my bed. So thank you friends! Thank you for being healthy and fit with me and reassuring me that there would be days like this. I need that, and I need you! :)

2 comments:

carilee said...

i love you mer !!

kim said...

You inspire me Merideth.